Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to our family and friends! Abby's morning started out with a simple Easter basket: some plastic eggs, a new book, and a few packets of Annie's gummy bunnies. 


I found a cute idea on Pinterest for cinnamon roll bunnies. Mine didn't turn out quite like the picture (does it ever?) so I'll work on making the ears longer next year. I only had 5 cinnamon rolls to work with instead of 8, so I was short dough for the ears. Easter cats, perhaps?!


Abby didn't mind, though. Yum!



After church I asked Robert to try to get a good picture of his girls. Goodness, I am pale!


Abby wouldn't smile for the camera so I tried to get her to laugh by tossing her into the air. 



But she is heavy!


When did Abby's arms and legs get so long?


My new favorite picture!




Later this evening we had our friends Ronnie & Josie and their daughter Leahna over for dinner. Robert decided to be brave and try something new so he made Aarti Sequeira's Spicy Sticky Lamb Chops. We served the lamb over a minted pea puree alongside crispy coriander potatoes. Nice work, Robert!


Need a new Easter dessert? Nigella's Easter Egg Nest Cake will not disappoint. I've made this at least half a dozen times and it always gets rave reviews. The soft and gooey chocolate base is smothered with a velvety chocolate cream which then gets topped with my favorite Easter candy: Cadbury mini eggs. Yum!



Leahna and Abby interacted and played with each more than any other past visit. Toddlers are so much fun!
 



Thanks Ronnie & Josie for being our family away from home! We love sharing holiday meals with you.

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I LOVE those cinna-bunnies. I think they look perfect. Totally impressed with Robert's dinner, but of course my favorite are the pics of my two Florida girls. (Oh, and that cake, haha!) Absolutely beautiful. #paleforthewin!

    ReplyDelete