Friday, April 11, 2014

arts & crafts & nature

We've had beautiful weather this week so Abigail and I have been outside enjoying the fresh air the past few mornings. 

Abby played with chalk yesterday. I found some really cute chalk holders in the dollar bin at Target a few weeks ago. They're supposed to be for her Easter basket but I wasn't patient enough to wait. :) I always draw kitties and bunnies for Abby and it makes her giggle when I start adding the whiskers. 



What's more fun than chalk? Picking up sticks, rocks and acorns and putting them in a bucket. Here's our silly little goober with her rock collection.



Acorn hunting. It's serious business.



Delivering the treasures to mommy.



This morning, I decided to bring out her watercolor paints for the first time.


She made sure I saw the planes in the sky.


Silly, happy girl!



It's a masterpiece, no? (Mommy is slightly stressed about the colors mixing...ha!)


We went back inside for some fun with Play-Doh. All of these great colors and what's my daughter's favorite? Black. She always goes for the black first. Strange, right?


Aunt Bethany gave her the Play-Doh and these great cookie cutters.


Black flowers -- lovely!


Abby likes to wear the cookie cutters as bracelets.



LOVE my little fashionista!


1 comment:

  1. Maybe Abby just prefers black and white, like her mommy? :) Cutie cutie!

    ReplyDelete