Sunday, February 2, 2014

Parkesdale Farm Market

We scheduled a little outing with some of my mom's group friends today to visit the Parkesdale Farm Market. I know most of our blog readers are still spending the days shoveling snow and snuggling under blankets, but it's warm and sunny strawberry season here in Florida! I'll enjoy it while I can because this is the only time of the year we enjoy the weather here.

Here's the menu. I'm sure the text is too small to read on your screen, so I'd like to point out #5: Our Famous Fresh Strawberry Milkshake (Voted #1 on Food Network Channel). Robert was skeptical so we decided to give it a try.


As it turned out, none of our friends were able to make it so Robert, Abby and I ended up waiting in the long line all on our own. A long line usually indicates a promising outcome, right?



Abby was a (very patient) trooper.  


We taught her an invaluable lesson: good food is worth waiting for! Look at that giant bowl of strawberry shortcake.


Yes, please!





Yum!


We didn't have a chance to go through the farmer's market part but it looked really great. Maybe next time?


So charming! Here's where they had all of the little tables set up where people could eat.


Abby's favorite? The milkshake. Turns out Food Network was right.


  
Happy girl!


She was not interested in being a strawberry queen with mommy, though. 


Get that crown off!!



She quickly decided that she was done but I couldn't help her down because I was holding onto a 15 pound fake strawberry shortcake. #floridaproblems


 Free at last! How adorable is her strawberry outfit, by the way? Thanks, Nana!


In closing, I have to give a shout out to the Padgett family. Today is the birth day of Arthur Graham Padgett, son of our dear friends Anna & Austin. Welcome to the world, sweet little baby boy! 

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum and more yum! These are great pictures!! We'll have to add this to the list of places to go when I'm able to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete