Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Atlanta Trip

Robert, Abby & I took a road trip to Atlanta to visit the Padgett family exactly 2 months ago. I met Anna in 2004 when we both started working at the Cincinnati Symphony...wow, I guess we are months away from our 10 year "anniversary!" I remember very clearly when we first met: she was drinking Mighty Leaf Tea from a stainless steel travel mug while we sat across from each other at our computers in the symphony's basement sales office. I'm still hooked on that Chamomile Citrus tea. The Padgetts moved to New Hampshire and Atlanta and Robert and I moved to Columbus and Florida, but we've continued to stay in touch. We're so grateful our friendship has survived the miles and the years. They're the best kind of friends -- the kind who make it easy to pick right back up no matter how many years it's been since our last visit.

I'm getting a bit sappy on this trip down memory lane, so let's get back to Atlanta. 

I took along my camera but was lazy and never got it out, and I knew Austin had things covered. He and Anna have been a little preoccupied the past few months getting ready for and now meeting baby, so Austin was just able to get these December pictures to us tonight. They're so much fun!

Anna & Austin have twins Asa & Alden who are 7 months older than Abby. They were the sweetest little friends to Abby. Look at Asa making sure Abigail eats her black eyed peas. :)



Abby loved giving Alden hugs, but Alden wasn't quite sure what to think.


Such love! From Abby at least. :)



Happy girls!


Alden has big shoes to fill, too.



More hugs from Abby.





Playing with twins can be a bit exhausting.



And this is the best we could do for a group picture with toddlers.




Anna, I'm so glad our paths crossed in Cincinnati 10 years ago! You're a beautiful person, amazing mother, and treasured friend. We hope to come visit and play again soon...and kiss Baby Arthur! Here's to the next 10 years!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! You'd never know Abby was younger than them, they look the same size! And I love that she knows what to do when a camera's out in those group shots! Good job, momma. :)

    ReplyDelete