Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Redux

Oh what a difference a year makes!

2012

2013

There's a little pumpkin patch at a Methodist church just down the street and Robert and I decided it'd be fun to revisit it this afternoon. Last year Robert's mom was in town when we took a 2 week old Abigail to see the pumpkins. I remember being (unnecessarily) concerned about the light breeze that was blowing on her. I also remember feeling very overwhelmed as a new mom. I felt like I didn't know what I was doing at all. I wish I could pop in and visit myself back then to say something encouraging. "You're doing great! Everything is going to be fine! Your little baby girl is strong and sweet and wonderful! She's going to make this mom thing a piece of cake for you."

She really has made my job easy. Thanks for that, Absters.


On the go!


Laughing at the scarecrow.









No smiles for me today, baby girl?


Curls!


In other news, this is the first time I've set my camera to MANUAL to take photographs! It felt a little slow and clunky at times and there were many disappointing blurry photos that I had to delete, but I'm learning and hopefully I will get better and faster. Robert stayed home with Abby the Saturday before last so that I could attend a 4 hour photography class that ended up being really inspiring. Thanks, sweetie! He's been great about supporting some of my projects lately. I recently completed a 5 week intermediate swim class at the Y, as well. I've wanted to feel more competent and confident in the water for years and what better time to learn than when we live in Florida and I have a new little one to keep safe? I also attended a grant writing workshop last month that got all kinds of ideas churning. As crazy as it might sound, it was so nice to listen to a lecture and watch the PowerPoint presentation while taking notes and sipping a Starbucks latte. It's the little things, right?!

We have another baby Halloween gathering with our playgroup on Thursday. Then it's November, which marks my official start of the holiday season -- my favorite time of the year!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a fun comparison! And yay, yay, yay for manual! Great job. I wonder if Abby will get Cadence's precious curls??

    ReplyDelete