Thursday, January 31, 2013

Back to work

Sorry it's been awhile since my last post! Last week I was busy playing Tchaikovsky with the Florida Orchestra. As part of the Shakespeare Festival, the orchestra performed 3 works based on Shakespeare plays: The Tempest, Hamlet, and Romeo & Juliet. Actors performed a 10 minute scene before each piece, which ended up being pretty entertaining. If you're interested, here's the review. You can see me in the very back of the picture if you squint a little: http://www.tampabay.com/features/performingarts/florida-orchestra-teams-up-with-shakespeare/1272274

I had a few calls for gigs earlier this month that I had to turn down and I was feeling frustrated about having to do so. However...when I was in rehearsals for the Tchaikovsky gig I found myself just wanting to be back at home with Abigail! This was definitely a good lesson for me. 

My friend Beth watched Abigail on Tuesday and Thursday while I had back-to-back rehearsals from 10:00-4:30 in St. Pete. Miss Abby was a stinker and would not take a bottle from Beth! Our sweet little girl went that entire time without eating but she still didn't get fussy. She was just waiting for her mommy to get home. *sigh* I wonder where she gets this stubbornness?! 

I also went back to teaching at Polk State a few weeks ago. I dropped the Music Appreciation class and my trumpet students so now I'm only teaching Horn lessons on Mondays. It's nice to make the drive out there just once a week. My friend Jessica agreed to babysit for us on Mondays and the first time I dropped her off Abigail started crying and then I lost it, too. I ended up crying half of the drive to school! It was heartbreaking. Jessica was the first non-family member we've ever left our daughter with. Thankfully, there were no tears from either of us this past Monday.

Looking back, I suppose this month has been a big one for us when it comes to being apart and trusting other people to care for our precious little girl. I definitely find myself wishing we lived closer to our families.

I've been taking some pictures on my phone, so I'll leave you with a small collection. 


This little girl loves her mornings! She always wakes up bright eyed and happy.


She's also getting big enough to play in her Jumperoo. She can play on her own for awhile without needing mommy to entertain her.


One thing our happy little girl is NOT a fan of is tummy time. She'll last a little longer if we prop her up on her Boppy. I tell Robert that I expect her to walk before she crawls. Her legs are super strong while her arms are pretty wussy. :)


Look at how big she's gettting!

No comments:

Post a Comment