Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter 2015

Happy Easter! We had friends Malorie and Jordan over for brunch after church today, so yesterday we made our beloved Nigella Lawson Easter Egg Nest Cake in preparation. I think this cake has officially become an Easter tradition. Abby took her kitchen duties very seriously as my taste tester. 




Sometimes we really fail as parents. Abby came into our room early this morning and woke us up and we told her Happy Easter. Then I realized we hadn't set out her Easter basket. I scrambled to find the Easter grass, her Russell Stover chocolate bunny, and Annie's fruit snacks and then plunked it on the coffee table as she walked in. It really is a good thing we have these early years to get our act together! 

Robert took a few pictures as we quickly rushed off to church. (Late, as usual.) He has taken the best Easter photos these past 3 years.

2015  

2014

2013

I was more emotional than usual while singing the worship songs this morning. After spending the past 25 weeks in BSF studying the Life of Moses and reading so much about all of the bloody and time consuming sacrifices that had to be offered for the Israelites' sin, I felt such a deep sense of gratitude for Jesus' ultimate sacrifice on the cross. In the past I used to skim through most of those Old Testament passages, but studying them in detail has brought a new richness to the New Testament and my understanding of God's grace and love for us. 

We got home from church and it was time to fill the nest cake with its fluffy, chocolate-y goodness. I asked Abby to help me put my favorite Cadbury chocolate eggs on top.

This would be so cute! Blur...argh.





I'm kicking myself for not getting any pictures with Malorie and Jordan. Abby had fun playing with both of them and she kept making Marlorie hold her upside down by her feet and swing her like a monkey. (Not an easy feat with 40 pounds.) Robert made a delicious Potato Frittata with Feta and Scallions (and bacon!) from our Smitten Kitchen cookbook and we served fresh strawberries with mint from the little container garden on our back deck. As always, I miss the big holiday gatherings we used to have when I was growing up but it was still a sweet day. Happy Easter, family and friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment