Thursday, April 23, 2015

chalk + nature lesson

Abby's watercolor painting has left behind a lot of black and brown construction paper, so yesterday after her nap we went outside to make an art project with chalk. I love how the colors look so vivid!


My little artist really got into it. 


Ta-da!



I'm learning that the littlest things can turn into major projects with young kids. The breeze was blowing our papers around so I showed Abby how one rock could hold each sheet of paper in place. We soon had major rock piles holding down every picture. 10 rocks has to be better than 1 rock, right?!



While Abby was collecting rocks, she decided to pull some "weeds." We were both surprised to see acorns attached to the ends of the stems! I explained that acorns fall from the tree as seeds that can grow into big trees.




She was pretty fascinated.


And enthusiastically told Robert all about it when he got home.


Thanks, Abby, for making me notice the little things again! I love looking at the the world with your fresh perspective and inquisitive mind.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet and fun! Love her curiosity and that pic of her looking up at Robert is sooo precious!

    ReplyDelete