Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Nana & Papa's Visit

My parents flew in on Saturday and pulled out of the driveway about 30 minutes ago. A four day visit was just not long enough! It was a little busy this time around as I had matinee performances of the opera La Boheme on both Saturday and Sunday. Then on Monday, my parents watched Abigail while I taught at Polk State. She took a bottle from my dad without any trouble at all. Success!

(In other news, you'll be able to see our new couch in these pictures. Robert and I sold our 8 year old futon from our college days on Craigslist and bought a WHITE couch from Ikea. I know, I know...a white couch sounds crazy. I read several blogs about how great this couch is around kids because it's completely machine washable and can be bleached. I really love how it lightens and brightens up the room. Unfortunately, our living room now looks like an Ikea ad so we're going to have to do a little personalization with pictures and some art.)




My mom, dad and I took Abby to the Florida Aquarium yesterday. I had read that babies enjoy watching all of the fish. We took Abby's infant seat out of the stroller for the first time and she sat in the regular part of the stroller like a big girl!


I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but whenever we take our little girl outside for a walk in the stroller it is always "serious time." Our usually happy, smiley girl is no-nonsense and gets a very serious look on her face while she takes everything in. It cracks us up.

Here are some highlights from the aquarium. Enjoy!









These otters (below) were really putting on a show for us.








Thanks so much for coming to visit, Nana & Papa! We love you!


1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun, fun! She's quite the big girl sitting in that stroller! Love the couch, too.

    ReplyDelete